Payday Scammer finally has what he has coming to him….an Indictment
Adrian Rubin of Jenkinstown, PA has been charged with Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). From 1998 to 2012, Rubin has been involved with multiple businesses that make usurious loans commonly known as “Payday Loans.” He allegedly attempted to skirt the usury laws of the several states in which his businesses operated in.
Not that Rubin is guilty, but he did go to great lengths to conceal his involvement in these companies. He engaged in a lot of deceptive conduct such as paying a federally insured bnank which was not subject to state usury laws to pretend that it was a payday lender, b. relocated his operations to “usury friendly” states; paid an Indian tribe to pretend hat it was the actual payday lender as part of a scheme to have the tribe claim “sovereign immunity” to prevent state usury laws from affecting the loans.
In our experience, we can usually tell when someone is being harassed by a Payday loan company; the debt collector breaks most of the rules regarding debt collection under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (”FDCPA”). These payday lenders will lie about anything to put pressure on people to pay debts that they do not owe.
If you have errors or mistakes on your credit report, we can fix your credit for free. Call or email Attorney Gary Nitzkin at (888) 283-2882 for a free, no obligation consultation. The call is free and the advice is priceless. Mr. Nitzkin is an attorney with Michigan Consumer Credit Lawyers.
MICHIGAN CONSUMER CREDIT LAWYERS
Southfield, MI 48033
- Bad Debt Collection info floating around the 'Net
- Car Buying
- Collection Agencies breaking the law
- Collection Law Firms in the News
- Collection Laws Michigan
- Credit Repair
- Credit Repair Lawyer
- Credit Report
- Credit Reporting Traps
- Credit Score
- Debt Collection Laws – Federal
- Debt Collection Nuts and Bolts
- Debt Collection Tricks and Traps
- Debt Forgiveness
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Foreclosure Defense
- Free Credit Repair
- Free Credit Repair Lawyer
- Getting sued for consumer debt? Fight BACK!
- Identity Theft
- Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
- Scams and Scam Collectors
- Student Loan Debt Collection
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Your credit and credit score