How we work with Credit Repair Companies
How a good credit repair company will help you.
The credit repair industry does not have a shining reputation. Yet, we have the privilege of working with several credit repair companies that work hard for their clients.
Credit Repair Companies examine people’s credit reports. They look for many things such as:
- Collection items and trade lines that are obsolete and should have fallen off your credit report;
- Trade lines that report late payments when you made payments timely;
- Trade lines that do not belong to you;
- Personal information about you that is incorrect;
- Trade lines with incomplete information that may convey a false impression to users;
They also can coach you to a better credit score by having you pay off certain debts, negotiate others and strangely enough, acquire new kinds of debt. By having different kinds of credit such as term loans, a mortgage, revolving credit and open ended credit, you can have an optimized credit score
How we work with good credit repair companies
Michigan Consumer Credit Lawyers is the muscle for many credit repair companies. When they cannot get errors or mistakes off of someone’s credit report, we sue the credit reporting agency and the lender that put the bad information on the person’s credit report.
Credit Bureaus are wrong 80% of the time, yet the FTC has it in for credit repair companies. Where is the logic in that?
The Federal Trade Commission does not have faith in credit repair companies. They say that people can repair their own credit so they should avoid credit repair companies. We used to believe the FTC, but after having worked with several reputable credit repair companies, we know that the FTC is wrong.
Think about these things:
- 80% of all credit reports have inaccuracies;
- Half of those inaccuracies are enough to depress one’s credit score.
- Do you know what to look for in determining whether a trade line is reporting accurately on your credit report? Unless you’re a credit repair professional, you probably would not.
- Do you know how to optimize your credit score?
With a 40% chance your credit report has incorrect information and your credit score is wrong, why wouldn’t you see a credit repair pro?
These are the reasons one should visit a credit repair company. Just be careful that you visit a reputable one. Today, there is no excuse for not looking at things like Google reviews or Yelp to find a reputable credit repair company
We are not sure if anyone at the FTC has ever seen the good work that many credit repair companies do. We are not sure why the FTC has not taken a firm stance against credit reporting agencies like Experian, Equifax or Trans Union. After all, they are the ones making false credit reports on people. Can you think of any other industry where an 80% error rate is tolerated? No, we couldn’t either.
MICHIGAN CONSUMER CREDIT LAWYERS
Southfield, MI 48033